Human Pangenome Project partners have adopted GA4GH principles, enabling responsible genomic data sharing within a human rights framework.
The Human Pangenome Project’s goals include:
- Coordinating forums, seminars, and discussions in pangenomic resource development with the aim of fostering necessary interaction and debate in the area of genomics and ethical oversight.
- Identifying realistic projections of diversity in the pangenome, and developing strategies to evaluate and measure gaps in diversity
- Forming international partnerships to establish an accessible resource to improve clinical genomics and biomedical research globally
- Provide opportunities for learning and collaboration among Human Pangenome Project partners
- Openly share all bioinformatics resources and workflows
- Consistently evaluate community engagement strategies